Our Charitable Foundation is elevating our giving by $1 million dollars for the current year. Our enhanced giving will be designated for organizations who may require additional support during this pandemic, such as food pantries, senior services, and other support organizations in the communities we serve.
Given the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation, many non-profits are experiencing significant financial and operational challenges. Individuals and families with limited resources are disproportionately impacted by this crisis and an immediate need is food access. The Bank will initially focus on providing assistance to overcome the food access challenges affecting some of our more vulnerable population sectors, such as:
- Seniors who are unable to leave their homes due to mobility challenges and/or COVID-19 concern
- Employees who have had their hours reduced or their workplace closed
We expect that community needs will change over time, and this enhanced funding allows flexibility as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve and impact our communities. We will continue to monitor, discuss and respond to our non-profits’ requests.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Must serve our area communities: Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Boston, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Chelsea, Concord, Everett, Lexington, Lincoln, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Newton, Revere, Saugus, Somerville, Stoneham, Wakefield, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Winthrop, Woburn or the neighborhoods of Allston and Brighton.
- Must directly benefit the community
- The request must be specifically related to challenges incurred due to the COVID Pandemic
- Only one grant will be made to any one organization each year
To apply for a COVID-19 Relief Grant, please complete the online form below:
COVID-19 Relief Grant Form
Please fill out this form.