To use mobile deposit, you must be a current Cambridge Savings Bank customer with a checking or savings account. You must also be enrolled in our online banking system and have downloaded the free Cambridge Savings Bank Mobile Banking app. Before depositing your first check, you must read and accept the Remote Deposit Capture Services disclosure and agreement.
- Make sure you have downloaded the Cambridge Savings Bank Mobile Banking app for either your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad® or AndroidTM smartphone device
- Sign into the Cambridge Savings Bank Mobile Banking app using your online banking user ID and password
- Choose “Deposit Checks”
- As part of enrollment in the service you will be asked to read and accept the Remote Deposit Capture Services disclosure and agreement (It may take up to one business day to receive approval)
- Select the checking or savings account into which you want to deposit the check
- Enter the amount of your check
- Endorse the back of your check with “For Mobile Deposit Only”
- Snap pictures of the front and back of your check
- Submit the check for deposit
You will receive onscreen confirmation that your check was received.
Mobile check deposit is free for Cambridge Savings Bank customers.* Just download the Cambridge Savings Bank Mobile Banking app to begin.
*Cambridge Savings Bank does not charge you a fee for using this service. However, charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Regular account charges apply. The Mobile Check Deposit service is subject to eligibility. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. Access to Cambridge Savings Bank’s Mobile Banking apps and Mobile Deposit require a valid Cambridge Savings Bank online banking username and password.
After submitting images of the front and back of your check, you will receive onscreen confirmation that Cambridge Savings Bank has received your deposit. You will also have the option to email a confirmation number to yourself. At that time, your check will be processed by a Cambridge Savings Bank staff member. Please see the Cambridge Savings Bank Funds Availability Policy for more information about deposits. Please do not dispose of your check or attempt to process at another institution or through another channel (ATM or in-branch). You should hold onto your check for 91 days and then destroy or shred it.
Check deposits made through the Cambridge Savings Bank mobile banking app are protected according to the highest financial industry standards. Security features include: password protection, internet firewalls, and 128-bit encryption. Making a deposit with your smartphone or supported tablet is safe through our online banking system.
Mobile deposit is a way to electronically deposit checks from your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, or AndroidTM device using the Cambridge Savings Mobile Banking app.
Click here to download the agreement.
There are a few common errors that may cause your check to be rejected:
- Folded or torn corners
- Front image is not legible
- Dollar Amounts do not match
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- No camera on the phone device
- Image is too dark
It is best to make your mobile deposits in a well lit area to prevent shadows and poor image quality, and keep your hands and fingers out of the image before taking the picture.