Since 2003, Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation has awarded over $12.5 million in grants.
Our mission is simple: improve and enrich the lives of our neighbors in the communities our bank serves:
Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Boston, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Chelsea, Concord, Everett, Lexington, Lincoln, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Newton, Revere, Saugus, Somerville, Stoneham, Wakefield, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Winthrop, Woburn, and the neighborhoods of Allston and Brighton. The majority of grants funded are in the $1,000 to $5,000 range.
|TYPE OF GRANT||DESCRIPTIONS|
|Human Services||For organizations that provide basic necessities, including heath care, food, shelter, job training, financial education, small business support and first-time home buyer assistance.|
For programs that preserve low-to-moderate income housing units and projects that create affordable housing.
|Community Development||We collaborate with groups that support economic development, create jobs and revitalize our community to attract new businesses to the area.|
We’ve Gone Paperless!
Cambridge Savings Bank and the Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation have implemented web-based applications for non-profit organizations to request charitable donations, which include grants, sponsorships, or in-kind donations. The online applications streamline the review process by replacing paper, phone and email requests. All requests must be submitted via the grant application below or sponsorship application for consideration. If paper, phone or email requests are submitted, we will follow-up to provide the link to the appropriate online application. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorships or email@example.com regarding foundation grants.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or have a tax exempt status
- Must serve our area communities: Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Boston, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Chelsea, Concord, Everett, Lexington, Lincoln, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Newton, Revere, Saugus, Somerville, Stoneham, Wakefield, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Winthrop, Woburn, or the neighborhoods of Allston and Brighton.
- Must directly benefit the community
- The request must be program/project specific
- Only one grant will be made to any one organization each year
Funding Requests That Will Not Be Considered
The Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation Board meets on a quarterly basis and submission deadlines are April 15th, July 15th, September 30th, and December 31st.
Required Information Needed to Complete Application
- Cover letter addressed to Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation signed by your organization’s Executive Director or President of Board of Directors
- Your organization’s mission
- Annual Organization Budget
- Percentage of your beneficiaries who are low-to-moderate income
- The amount of low-to-moderate income individuals will benefit from the requested amount
- Most recent Form 990
- Nonprofit W9
- Latest financial statement: Audited or Non-audited
- List of your Board of Directors
- Copy of your IRS 501 © (3) determination letter or tax exempt status
- A copy of your proposal including:
- Your organization’s history, major programs, organizational structure and staffing
- Target population, community needs, goals to be achieved and timetable to accomplish the goals
- How success of this project will be evaluated
- Program and Operating budget (including salaries)
To apply for a grant, please complete the application below:
Make sure you have all the required information listed above before filling out the application.