Our mission is simple: improve and enrich the lives of our neighbors in the communities our bank serves:
Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Boston, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Chelsea, Concord, Everett, Lexington, Lincoln, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Newton, Revere, Saugus, Somerville, Stoneham, Wakefield, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Winthrop, Woburn, and the neighborhoods of Allston and Brighton. The majority of grants funded are in the $1,000 to $5,000 range.
|TYPE OF GRANT||DESCRIPTIONS|
|Human Services||For organizations that provide basic necessities, including heath care, food, shelter, job training, financial education, small business support and first-time home buyer assistance.|
For programs that preserve low-to-moderate income housing units and projects that create affordable housing.
|Community Development||We collaborate with groups that support economic development, create jobs and revitalize our community to attract new businesses to the area.|
- Must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or have a tax exempt status
- Must serve our area communities: Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Boston, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Charlestown, Chelsea, Concord, Everett, Lexington, Lincoln, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Newton, Revere, Saugus, Somerville, Stoneham, Wakefield, Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Winthrop, Woburn, or the neighborhoods of Allston and Brighton.
- Must directly benefit the community
- The request must be program/project specific
- Only one grant will be made to any one organization each year
Funding Requests That Will Not Be Considered
The Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation Board meets on a quarterly basis and submission deadlines are February 28th, May 31st, August 31st, and December 31st.
Required Information Needed to Complete Application
- Cover letter addressed to Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation signed by your organization’s Executive Director or President of Board of Directors
- Your organization’s mission
- Annual Organization Budget
- Percentage of your beneficiaries who are low-to-moderate income
- The amount of low-to-moderate income individuals will benefit from the requested amount
- Most recent Form 990
- Nonprofit W9
- Latest financial statement: Audited or Non-audited
- List of your Board of Directors
- Copy of your IRS 501 © (3) determination letter or tax exempt status
- A copy of your proposal including:
- Your organization’s history, major programs, organizational structure and staffing
- Target population, community needs, goals to be achieved and timetable to accomplish the goals
- How success of this project will be evaluated
- Program and Operating budget (including salaries)
To apply for a grant, please complete the application below:
Make sure you have all the required information listed above before filling out the application.