How do I set up Google Pay and add my Cambridge Savings Bank card?
- Open the Google Pay app.
- If you have multiple accounts in Google Pay: At the top left, tap Menu . Tape the Down arrow , choose an account.
- At the bottom, tap Payment.
- At the bottom, tap Add Credit or debit card.
- Use the camera to capture your card info or enter it manually.
- Follow the instructions for verification to complete the enrollment.
After you add a card, you might see a small charge on your account from Google Pay. This charge checks that your card and account are valid. It won’t affect your balance and will go away soon.
Where can I use Google Pay?
Google Pay is accepted at millions of stores, in-app, and online. In stores, look for the Google Pay logo or contactless symbol at check-out.
To see a list of stores, apps, and sites that accept Google Pay, https://pay.google.com/about/where-to-use/
How do I make a purchase using Google Pay?
Pay in a store
- Wake up and unlock your phone. Turn on your phone screen, then unlock your phone. You don’t need to open the Google Pay app.
- Hold the back of your phone close to the screen for a few seconds. When you’re done paying, you’ll see a blue check mark on the screen.
Check out with Google Pay
When you see this button at checkout, you can use Google Pay:
- At checkout, tap the Google Pay button.
- If asked, choose a payment method and enter your shipping address.
- Confirm your order.
Where can I view my recent transactions in Google Pay?
To find your transactions:
- Open the Google Pay app
- Tap Menu Activity.
Why do I see "pending" transactions in Google Pay?
Pending charges on Google Pay are authorizations that haven’t been processed yet. Some pending charges are higher than the actual purchase price. This is a temporary hold and will be changed when the transaction goes through.
How do I return a purchase I made through Google Pay?
Return something you bought in a store
- Find your store receipt.
- Bring the receipt and the item to the store.
- If the merchant asks you to swipe your card, hold the back of your phone to the contactless payment terminal.
- For some returns, you might have to provide the last 4 digits of your virtual account number. You can find your virtual account number on the card details screen in your Google Pay app
Return something you bought online with Google Pay
If you used Google Pay to buy something from a non-Google website or app, contact the retailer’s customer support team.
Is Google Pay secure for making payments?
Google Pay protects your payment info with multiple layers of security. Your actual card number is replaced with a unique virtual account number, which means businesses do not see or store your full card number.
What is a virtual account number?
Your actual card number is replaced with a unique virtual account number, which means businesses do not see or store your full card number.
Each payment card you set up for in-store payments gets a virtual account number that merchants see when you buy.
Your payment information isn’t shared with merchants when you pay in-store.
What if my Cambridge Savings Bank debit card is lost or stolen?
Please call us immediately and we will close your card so that no further charges can be made. If you are in possession of your device follow the instructions below:
- Open the Google Pay app .
- At the bottom, tap Payment.
- Tap a card.
- To delete the card, in the top right tap More Remove payment method.
What if my device is lost or stolen?
Whenever your phone is unlocked, it can be used to make purchases in stores. If your phone is lost or stolen, you can find, lock, or erase it using Find My Device.
Since Google Pay doesn't store your card details on your phone, anyone who finds or steals your phone won't be able to access that information, even if it's unlocked.
Also, please call us immediately and we will close your card.
Android, Chrome, Google Pay, Google Play and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.