What is Popmoney?
Popmoney is a quick and easy person-to-person payment system that allows users to send, receive and request funds to and from just about anyone using Online Banking or Mobile Banking. Now, sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting. Best of all, you don't need a new account to send or receive money. Just use your current bank account.
How can I access Popmoney?
You can access Popmoney two ways; through Online Banking or using your CSB Mobile Banking app.
To access Popmoney through Online Banking, simply:
- Login to your CSB Online Banking account
- Click on the Transfers tab at the top of the screen
- Select Popmoney from the list of options
To access Popmoney through your CSB Mobile Banking app, simply:
- Login to your account
- Click More from the list of options at the bottom of the screen
- Select Popmoney
How do I use Popmoney?
Before you’re able to use Popmoney, you will first need to setup your Popmoney account. To setup your account,
- Enter your first name, last name, email address and U.S. mobile phone number when prompted
- A verification code will then be sent to the email address that you entered
- Enter the verification code into the provided field on the screen to continue
- You will then be prompted to review the Popmoney User Agreement
Please note, verification of your email address and mobile phone number is required for security reasons.
How do I add a contact?
You can add a contact within Online Banking or on your CSB Mobile Banking app. To add a contact:
- Visit the Contact tab
- Click on the Add a Contact button
- Enter contact’s First Name and Last Name
- Enter one of the following:
- Contact’s email address
- Contact’s U.S. mobile phone number
- Contact’s U.S. bank account information
How do I send money?
In order to send money to someone, he/she must be a contact in your contact list. To send money:
- Visit the Send Money tab and begin filling-in the required Payment Information
- As you begin typing in the To field, your existing contacts will begin to auto populate. If you wish to send money to someone new, add him/her as a contact by clicking Add a New Contact.
- Type the dollar amount you wish to send in the Amount field
- Select the date in which you would like to send your contact money in the Send Date field
- Next, click the Delivery Method. Choose either Standard Delivery (3 business days) or Express Delivery (Next Day), for sending your money
- Select which bank account you would like to make this payment from. Click the drop down bar under the Pay From section, and click on the account you would like to use.
- If you wish to send your contact a message, click Add a note to this transaction, and begin typing your message.
- To complete the action, please click Continue.
Will my contact be notified when I send him/her money?
Your contact will be notified if you send him/her money, depending on which method you added the contact to your contact list. If you added the contact by his/her:
Email address: your contact will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her bank account.
Mobile number: a text message will be sent to the contact on your behalf with instructions on how to direct the payment into his/her bank account. If the contact does not respond to the payment notification after 3 days, a reminder text message will be sent on your behalf to the contact, reminding him/her to act on the payment notification. You may want to tell your contact that standard Message and Data rates may apply.
Bank account information (routing and account number): the money will be directly deposited into your contact's bank account. You will also have the option to send the contact an email.
Will my bank account information be shared with the contact I am sending money to?
No, your bank account information will not be shared with the contact you are sending money to. The contact will see your first name, last name, and the message you wrote for the payment. If you send the payment to your contact’s email address, your recipient will also see your email address.
How long does it take for payments to be received?
There are two delivery speeds - Standard Delivery and Express (Next Day) Delivery.
With Standard Delivery, contacts you have added using his/her bank account information will receive the funds within 3 business days. Contacts receiving funds through email or text message will first have to provide his/her bank account information and will then receive the funds within 3 business days.
Express Delivery payments will be received the next business day if the payment is being sent to a contact you have added using his/her bank account information. If a payment is being sent via text message or email address, the contact must provide his/her bank account information by 1:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST) in order to receive the funds on the next business day. *Please note that there is a $3.00 fee for Express Delivery.
How do I receive a payment?
If someone has sent you money, you will receive notification of a payment through either an email or text message – dependent on how the sender added you as a contact to his/her contact list. The notification will include instructions on how to direct the payment to your bank account. If the person sending you money added you as a contact with your account number, the payment will go directly into your account.
Can I send money internationally?
No, currently you can only use Popmoney to send money within the United States. If you send a payment to your contact's email or mobile phone, your contact will be required to provide a U.S. bank account to receive the funds. Otherwise, the payment cannot be processed and the funds will be returned to your bank account.
Is there a limit on how much money I can send?
Yes, however the limits vary depending on which method of delivery you select:
- Express (Next Day) Delivery the limits are $2,000.00 daily and $5,000.00 per month.
- Standard Delivery the limits are $5,000.00 daily and $10,000.00 per month.
If you have any additional questions, please review the Popmoney FAQs in your Online Banking Dashboard or call the Customer Contact Center 888.418.5626.