Personal Online Banking Disclosure
EFFECTIVE: January 31, 2018
DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT: TO RECEIVE ACCOUNT DOCUMENTS ELECTRONICALLY
Please read this Disclosure and Consent carefully and keep a copy for your records.
Electronic Delivery of notices: To serve you more efficiently, we will provide to you with your consent and as required by applicable law your disclosures, documents and statements (“notices”) electronically via our website, by e-mail, or by text (rather than by postal mail or in person) for the deposit account, Cambridge Savings Bank Personal Online Banking Service, E-Statement service or other related electronic service you have selected. The notices include, but are not limited to:
- Deposit account application, instructions, account signature card, deposit account agreement and all related document disclosures required by applicable federal and state law;
- Periodic statements and account notices;
- Change-In-Terms notices;
- Annual Privacy notice;
- Communications about Cambridge Savings Bank Personal Online Banking Service, E-Statement or related electronic service, whether available now or in the future;
- Information, instructions and subsequent notices about any additional services that you request subject to this agreement.
Consent is Required: When you sign up for our Personal Online Banking Service, you must affirmatively consent to receive, and acknowledge that you can access, receive and retain, all notices electronically, whether sent by e-mail or other electronic means. You further acknowledge that by accessing the Bank’s website at https://www.cambridgesavings.com you satisfy the hardware and software requirements discussed more fully below. If you do not consent to receiving the notices electronically, you cannot open your account(s) or electronic service via our website. You may open your account(s) at any of our branch locations. For a list of our branch locations, visit our website, https://www.cambridgesavings.com, or call us at 888.418.5626.
Scope of Consent: Your consent to receive notices and to do business electronically, and our agreement to do so, applies only to the services relating to any account(s) you maintain with us and designate for use with any service, whether existing now or in the future. If any such account is a joint account, you agree that we may consider any notices as being given to all account owners when such notices is given to you in a manner contemplated by this consent.
Withdrawal of Consent: You may withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically by calling us during business hours at 888.418.5626. If you withdraw your consent, your electronic service will be terminated, and you will receive future notices in paper form. Termination of this consent will not affect the legal validity and enforceability of any notices, electronic or otherwise, before the effective date of termination of this consent.
Requesting Paper Copies: If you consent to receive the notices electronically, you can also request a paper copy of the notices by contacting us during business hours at 888.418.5626.
System Requirements: To receive an electronic copy of the notices, you must meet the following requirements:
- A personal computer, smart phone or tablet running a supported operating system updated with all applicable updates, security patches, etc.
- The above device must be running a supported browser (ex. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, etc.) and have Internet access.
- A valid email address.
- Portable Document Format (PDF) file reader software, such as software those from Adobe, Foxit, Nitro, Nuance, etc.
Receiving Electronic Notices: We will send notices to your e-mail or text address you designate, post notices on the Bank’s website or post notices on the Bank’s Online Banking Services, with appropriate notices to you as permitted by applicable law. We will treat any notices we send to you electronically as if it were sent by U.S. mail, postage prepaid, and will consider any such notices received within three (3) business days of the date sent by us, even if you do not receive the email or access the Bank’s website during that time. You agree to notify us promptly if your mailing address, email address, text information or any other information changes by contacting us during business hours at 888.418.5626.
Printing the Notices: To retain a copy of the notices, your system must have the ability to either download or print files. You must have a functioning printer connected to your personal computer or other access device, which is able to print notices on plain white 8 ½ x 11 inch paper.
Communications: To the extent permitted by applicable law, any communication you send to us will not be effective until we receive it and have had a reasonable opportunity to act on it. We recommend that you do not use e-mail or text to communicate confidential information since Internet or wireless transmission may not be secure. We therefore strongly suggest that you report all matters inquiring immediate attention (e.g. reports of alleged unauthorized payments, errors or fraud) to us by calling us during business hours at 888.418.5626 We may require you to provide us with written confirmation regarding any such matter. You also agree that we may send you an electronic notice in response to any communication you send to us, regardless of whether your original communication to us was sent electronically. You may send us a secure email through the Online Banking Secure Email feature. These emails are encrypted and are sent directly to your Online Banking account.
Cambridge Savings Bank PERSONAL ONLINE BANKINGSM SERVICES AGREEMENT
EFFECTIVE: July 10, 2018
Cambridge Savings Bank requires that all persons accessing our online banking service (“Online Banking”), bill payment service (“Bill Pay Service”), funds transfer service (“retransfer” or “Funds Transfer”), online statement service ( Online Statement), Popmoney® Service and any customer who uses Intuit Quicken® in conjunction with our Online Banking or Bill Pay Service, to manage their finances, also known as Personal Finance Management Service (“PFM”), (collectively, “Services”), adhere to the following terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (“Agreement”). By requesting or using any of the Services or permitting someone else to use them on your behalf, you indicate your acknowledgement and acceptance of this Agreement, which is subject to change from time to time.
You should retain a copy of this Agreement for your files. You may also access this Agreement online, and you may print or store a copy from there for your records.
In this Agreement the following definitions apply:
- “Alerts” and “Notifications” are interchangeable terms to indicate a communication that you establish or the Bank transmits on your behalf.
- “Bank” refers to Cambridge Savings Bank.
- “Bill Pay Service” means the bill payment service offered by the Bank through our service provider (the Bank and our service provider referred to collectively herein at times as “we,” “us,” or “our”) within Online Banking.
- “Biller” is the person or entity to which you wish a bill payment to be directed or is the person or entity from which you receive electronic bills.
- “Billing Account” is the checking account from which all Bill Pay Service fees will be debited.
- “Business Day” means Monday through Friday; Saturdays, Sundays and holidays are excluded.
- “Cut-off time” refers to the time that transactions are effectively dated.
- “Due Date” is the date reflected on your Biller statement on which the payment is due. It is not the late date or grace period.
- “Non-bank” refers to accounts that are not Cambridge Savings Bank accounts.
- “Online Banking” is the Internet-based service providing access to your Bank accounts.
- “Payment Account” is the checking account from which bill payments will be debited.
- “Payment Instructions” means the information provided by you for a bill payment to be made to your Biller (e.g., Biller name, Biller account number, Scheduled Delivery Date).
- “Personal Computer” means hardware, such as a desktop computer, your home computer, a personal computer, a public computer, a Macintosh computer, a mobile phone or any similar type of device used to access your accounts at the Bank.
- “Scheduled Delivery Date” is the day you want your Biller to receive your bill payment, unless the Scheduled Delivery Date falls on a non-Business Day in which case the previous Business Day will be considered to be the Scheduled Delivery Date.
- “Scheduled Payment” is a payment that has been scheduled through the Bill Pay Service but has not begun processing.
- “We,” “us,” or “our” refers to Cambridge Savings Bank and any affiliate, subsidiary, agent, independent contractor, designee, service provider or assignee we may, in our sole discretion, involve in the provision of the Services.
- “You” or “your” refers to the person opening, accessing, transacting and using any of the Services.
CAMBRIDGE SAVINGS BANK DEPOSIT ACCOUNT REQUIREMENT
You must have a Cambridge Savings Bank deposit account opened and in good standing to use the Services. You must be clearly authorized to access any account(s) associated with the Services. This means that your name conspicuously appears in each associated account’s legal title, indicating your authority to deposit, withdraw, or exercise control over the account. Authorized account(s) are those used for personal, family, or household purposes that are linked for use with the Services. The Services and any associated accounts will also be governed by the agreements, disclosures, and other documents provided to you in connection with the opening of your account(s), as they may be amended from time to time. Such agreements include, but are not limited to, the Understanding Your Deposit Account booklet, any credit agreement between you and us, the Cambridge Savings Bank Popmoney Service Agreement and the Personal Account Fee Schedule (“Fee Schedule”), as each may be amended from time to time.
You should review those and any other account-related agreements and fee schedules for any applicable fees, for limitations on the number of transactions you can make, liability rules for electronic fund transfers, and for other restrictions that might impact your use of an account with the Services. All applicable fees noted in the Fee Schedule as well as this Agreement or any other agreement shall apply. In addition to the fees set forth in our Fee Schedule, there may be other fees associated with performing certain transactions not owned or operated by Cambridge Savings Bank. These other fees are not assessed by us and will not be waived. If you have any questions about the information in these documents, please contact us via a means located at the end of this Agreement.
SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SERVICES:
You authorize us to use third parties to provide the Services to you on our behalf.
To access the Services, you will need a personal computer connected to the internet with a Bank certified browser that supports 128-bit encryption (for an up-to-date list of certified browsers please contact us). You will need a Username, a Password and answers to secret questions selected by you to log on to the Services.
In using the Services, you acknowledge that you will be sending financial and other data as well as electronic messages directly to the Bank through the Internet and any personal financial software (“PFM”) software that is licensed to you by Intuit®, Microsoft® or any licensee. To the extent permitted by law, you agree that the Bank is not responsible for any security breaches of your personal computer or mobile device, including the fraudulent retrieval of the Services, credentials obtained from viruses on your personal computer, the Internet or PFM software. If you are using a wireless Internet connection, you must have adequate security to prevent unauthorized retrieval of confidential Services information.
ONLINE BANKING – FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY
- Account Access: You may designate up to 30 personal accounts for online access or viewing. These include your checking, statement savings, passbook savings, money market, CD, IRA and credit accounts. When you access your account, you may obtain an account balance and summary information, available funds information, cleared transactions and ATM and POS transactions. The available funds information may include any overdraft protection you may have.
- Transfers of Funds: In addition to viewing account information, you may use Online Banking to transfer money. There are two types of transfers; Account Transfer and eTransfers. Transfers from statement savings accounts or money market accounts to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone, facsimile, or computerized transfer are limited to six per monthly statement cycle. If you exceed these limits, fees may be incurred and continued transfers/withdrawals exceeding these numbers may result in the permanent restriction of these transfers. (For Retirement money market accounts, you are not allowed any checks or drafts to third parties.)
- Account Transfer – You may make a one-time Account Transfers or schedule future or recurring Account Transfers. You may generally use Account Transfer to move funds among your checking accounts, statement savings accounts, money market accounts and home equity lines of credit at the Bank as well as transferring from any of those linked accounts (with the exception of home equity lines of credit) to most personal or business accounts of other customers at the Bank. You may also transfer from your checking, statement savings and money market accounts at the Bank to make loan payments.
- Popmoney® Service – the Popmoney transfer service is an ancillary service that allows you to transfer money from any of your eligible deposit accounts at Cambridge Savings Bank to any other account held by another person at the same or another financial institution within the United States. You will be required to accept the additional terms and conditions of the Cambridge Savings Bank Popmoney Service Agreement at the time of enrollment prior to using the Popmoney Service.
- eTransfer – eTransfer is an ancillary service that allows you to transfer money to or from your Bank accounts and any other account held by you at another U.S. financial institution – assuming, that the transfer is permitted by us, your financial institution and/or by law. In addition to the provisions of this section below, you will be required to accept additional terms and conditions at the time of enrollment prior to using the eTransfer service.
- Bill Pay Service: The Bill Pay Service will enable you to: (i) make payments (either one-time or recurring payments) from your designated Payment Account to third party Billers as you direct; (ii) use the eBill payment feature to receive bills from participating Billers; and (iii) view Biller bill summary and bill detail information.
- Bill Payment Scheduling - The earliest possible Scheduled Delivery Date for each Biller (typically four (4) or fewer Business Days from the current date) will be designated within the application when you are scheduling the payment. Therefore, the Bill Pay Service will not permit you to select a Scheduled Delivery Date less than the earliest possible Scheduled Delivery Date designated for each Biller. When scheduling payments you must select a Scheduled Delivery Date that is no later than the actual Due Date reflected on your Biller statement unless the Due Date falls on a non-Business Day. If the actual Due Date falls on a non- Business Day, you must select a Scheduled Delivery Date that is at least one (1) Business Day before the actual Due Date. Scheduled Delivery Dates must be prior to any late date or grace period.For payments made by electronic transmission, the payment amount will be debited from, or charged to your Payment Account on the Scheduled Delivery Date. For payments made by check, your Payment Account will be debited when the check is presented to us for payment which may occur before, on, or after the Scheduled Delivery Date. Since we cannot predict the exact date that a check will be presented to us for payment, please make sure you have sufficient funds in your account beginning a few days before your Scheduled Delivery Date and keep such funds available until the payment is deducted from your account.
- Payment Methods - We reserve the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf to your Biller. These payment methods may include, but may not be limited to, an electronic payment, a check payment, or some other means. If the funds are remitted via a draft check drawn on your Payment Account the funds will not be deducted from your Payment Account until the draft check has been presented to us for payment. You must ensure there are sufficient available funds in your Payment Account at all times when scheduling any payment.
- Payment Authorization and Remittance – By providing us with names and account information of Billers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize us to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive through the Bill Pay Service. In order to process payments more efficiently and effectively, the Bill Pay Service may edit or alter payment data or data formats in accordance with Biller directives. This authorization extends to introductory electronic bill presentment and delivery for limited time periods for eligible users
When we receive a Payment Instruction, you authorize us to debit your Payment Account and remit funds on your behalf so that the funds arrive as close as reasonably possible to the Scheduled Delivery Date designated by you. You also authorize us to credit your Payment Account for payments returned to the Bill Pay Service by the United States Postal Service or Biller, or payments remitted to you on behalf of another authorized user of the Bill Pay Service.
We shall incur no liability and any Bill Pay Service Guarantee shall be void we are unable to complete any payments initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- Your Payment Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transaction;
- You have not provided us with the correct Payment Account information, or the correct name, address, phone number, or account information for the Biller;
- You have scheduled a Prohibited Payment or Exception Payment.
- The Online Banking Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the transaction; and/or
- Circumstances beyond our reasonable control (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transaction.
- Biller Limitations and Prohibited Payments - We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to pay any Biller to whom you may direct a payment. We will generally attempt to notify you if we decide to refuse to pay a Biller designated by you. This notification is not required if you attempt to make a Prohibited Payment or an Exception Payment as described in this section below or if, in our sole discretion, we believe that the payment is designed to facilitate illegal or other high-risk activity.
Payments to Billers outside of the United States or its territories, as well as any payments prohibited pursuant to the terms of the Understanding Your Deposit Accounts brochure, are prohibited through the Bill Pay Service (“Prohibited Payment”). In addition, tax payments and court ordered payments (collectively, “Exception Payment” may be scheduled through the Bill Pay Service; however, such payments are discouraged and must be scheduled at your own risk. In no event shall we be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of any Prohibited or Exception Payment. The Bill Pay Service Guarantee as it applies to any late payment related charges is void when these types of payments are scheduled and/or processed by the Bill Pay Service. We have no obligation to research or resolve any claim resulting from an Exception or Prohibited Payment. All research and resolution for any misapplied, mis-posted or misdirected Exception or Prohibited will be the sole responsibility of you and not us.
- Expedited Payment – An Expedited Payment is an optional service available with participating Billers that allows you to have your payment initiated and processed immediately for an additional fee. There are two Expedited Payment options available. A Same Day Bill Pay (sent as an electronic payment to participating Billers) will be processed and posted the same day. An Overnight Check payment (sent as a paper draft payment to any Biller who accepts paper payments) will be sent via overnight delivery to the Biller for receipt by the end of the next Business Day. Please note, although the payment will arrive earlier than the typical four (4) Business Days, it is at the Biller’s discretion how quickly the payment is processed and posted. The Bill Pay Service will automatically determine which Expedited Payment option is available to you to make payments to a specific Biller, and it will also automatically determine the date by which your Expedited Payment will be processed (“Scheduled Delivery Date”). The Expedited Payment option may not always be available. Depending on the time of day, you might not have sufficient lead time to make an Expedited Payment. If the Expedited Payment option is not available for an intended Biller, it will not be presented as an option to you and the earlies possible Scheduled Delivery Date, without a fee, will be designated.
Once you submit an Expedited Payment, it will begin processing immediately and you will not be able to change or cancel it (see Payment Cancellation and Stop Payments Requests section for additional information). By selecting either of the Expedited Payment options, you authorize us to follow your payment instructions. For an Expedited Payment, you authorize us to charge a fee for each Expedited Payment as a separate transaction. The amount of each Expedited Payment and each fee will be deducted from your account as separate transactions, which might result in you incurring an overdraft charge for the Expedited Payment as well as an overdraft charge for the fee if you do not have sufficient funds to process either the Expedited Payment or the fee. Please refer to the Fee Schedule for specific fee information. The Expedited Payments are described as Rush Delivery fees on the Fee Schedule.
- Payment Cancellation and Stop Payment Requests - You may cancel or edit any Scheduled Payment (including recurring payments) by following the directions within the application. There is no charge for canceling or editing a Scheduled Payment. Once the Bill Pay Service has begun processing a payment it cannot be cancelled or edited, therefore a stop payment request must be submitted.
Our ability to process a stop payment request will depend on the payment method or whether or not an item has cleared. We may also not have a reasonable opportunity to act on any stop payment request after a payment has been processed. If you desire to stop any payment that has already been processed, you must contact our Customer Contact Center. Although we may attempt to accommodate your request, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each stop payment request will be the current charge for such service as set forth in our Fee Schedule.
- Returned Payments - In using the Bill Pay Service, you understand that Billers and/or the United States Postal Service may return payments to us for various reasons such as, but not limited to, Biller's forwarding address expired; Biller account number is not valid; Biller is unable to locate account; or Biller account is paid in full. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to research and correct the returned payment and return it to your Biller, or void the payment and credit your Payment Account.
- Failed or Returned Transactions – In using the Bill Pay Service, you are requesting that we make payments for you from your Payment Account. If we are unable to complete the transaction for any reason associated with your Payment Account (for example, there are insufficient funds in your Payment Account to cover the transaction), the transaction will not be completed. In some instances, you will receive a return notice from us. In such case, you agree that:
- You will reimburse us immediately upon demand the transaction amount if we have delivered the payment but there are insufficient funds in your Payment Account to allow us to complete the debit processing;
- For any amount not reimbursed within fifteen(15) days of the initial notification, a late charge equal to 1.5% monthly interest or the legal maximum, whichever rate is lower, for any unpaid amounts may be imposed;
- You will reimburse us for any fees we incur in attempting to collect the amount of the return from you; and
- We are authorized to report the facts concerning the return to any credit or consumer reporting agency.
- Information Authorization - Your enrollment in the Bill Pay Service may not be fulfilled if we cannot verify your identity or other necessary information. Through your enrollment in the Bill Pay Service, you agree that we reserve the right to request a review of your credit rating at our own expense through an authorized bureau. In addition, you agree that we reserve the right to obtain financial information regarding your account from a Biller (for example, to resolve payment-posting problems or for verification).
- Bill Delivery and Presentment - The Bill Pay Service includes a feature that electronically presents you with electronic bills from select Billers. Electronic bills may not be available from all of your Billers. Electronic bills are provided as a convenience only, and you remain solely responsible for contacting your Billers directly if you do not receive their statements. In addition, if you elect to activate one of the electronic bill options, you also agree to the following:
- Information provided to Billers - We are unable to update or change your personal information such as, but not limited to, name, address, phone numbers and email addresses, with the electronic Biller. Any changes will need to be made by contacting the Biller directly. Additionally it is your responsibility to maintain all usernames and passwords for all electronic Biller sites. You also agree not to use someone else's information to gain unauthorized access to another person’s bill. Your activation of the electronic bill feature for a Biller shall be deemed by us to be your authorization for us to obtain bill data from the Biller on your behalf. For some Billers, you will be asked to provide us with your user name and password for that Biller. By providing us with such information, you authorize us to use the information to obtain your bill data.
- Activation - Upon activation of an electronic bill introductory period or electronic bill feature we may notify the Biller of your request to receive electronic billing information. The date of presentment of your first electronic bill may vary from Biller to Biller and may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. Additionally, the ability to receive a paper copy of your statement(s) is at the sole discretion of the Biller. While your electronic bill feature is being activated it is your responsibility to keep your accounts current. Each electronic Biller reserves the right to accept or deny your request to receive electronic bills.
- We will attempt to present all of your electronic bills promptly. In addition to notification within the Bill Pay Service, the Bill Pay Service may send an email notification to the email address listed for your account. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that this information is accurate. In the event you do not receive notification, it is your responsibility to periodically logon to the Bill Pay Service and check on the delivery of new electronic bills. The time for notification may vary from Biller to Biller. You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills.
- Cancellation of electronic bill notification - The electronic Biller reserves the right to cancel the presentment of electronic bills at any time. You may cancel electronic bill presentment at any time. The timeframe for cancellation of your electronic bill presentment may vary from Biller to Biller. It may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. The Bill Pay Service will notify your electronic Biller(s) as to the change in status of your account but it is your sole responsibility to make arrangements for an alternative form of bill delivery. We will not be responsible for presenting any electronic bills that are already in process at the time of cancellation.
- Non-delivery of electronic bill(s) - You agree to hold us harmless should the Biller fail to deliver your statement(s). You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills. Copies of previously delivered bills must be requested from the Biller directly.
- Accuracy and dispute of electronic bill - We are not responsible for the accuracy of your electronic bill(s). We are only responsible for presenting the information we receive from the Biller. Any discrepancies or disputes regarding the accuracy of your electronic bill summary or detail must be addressed with the Biller directly. This Agreement does not alter your liability or obligations that currently exist between you and your Billers.
- Exclusion of Warranties - THE BILL PAY SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Bill Pay Service Guarantee - Due to circumstances beyond our control, particularly delays in handling and posting payments by Billers or financial institutions, some transactions may take longer to be credited to your account. We will bear responsibility for any late payment related charges up to $50.00 per payment, should a payment post after its Due Date as long as the payment was scheduled in accordance with the guidelines described under “Bill Payment Scheduling” in this Agreement.
- Personal Online Banking Statements: When you subscribe to Personal Online Banking Statements, you affirmatively consent that you can access, receive, and retain periodic account disclosures, such as monthly statements and change-in-terms notices, regarding any deposit account, whether existing now or in the future, in the formats we may use. You affirmatively consent to the receipt of such disclosures electronically and discontinuance of paper statements, notices and disclosures.
- We will discontinue mailing you paper statements.
- We may send email communications to your email address as recorded in the Services to notify you of your statement availability. Regardless of receipt of such a notice, you acknowledge that you are responsible for retrieving your statement on a periodic basis, as you must notify us of any discrepancies within sixty days from your statement date.
- You may cancel the service by notifying us. It may take a full statement cycle to complete your request, so we suggest that you do not close your Online Banking until you receive your paper statement.
- We recommend that you download or print your statements for future reference.
PFM Services: We offer a variety of tools and services within the Services to help you better manage your finances. This includes the ability to use third party software such as Quicken.
We may change the services offered through the Services at any time and without notice.
You are responsible for the accuracy of information you input and the use of information retrieved.
To provide an additional layer of security, you must establish a secret Password which is an access code that identifies you to Cambridge Savings Bank. For such services, you must choose a secret Password that is different from your Services Username and secret Password.
Electronic Alerts: We provide automatic and voluntary alerts. We strongly recommend that you do not suppress these alerts as some are intended to provide added security to your service.
Automatic Alerts are sent to you following certain changes made online to your Services, such as a change in your email address or login credentials. You do not need to activate these alerts.
Voluntary Alerts must be activated by you. Account Alerts allow you to choose alert messages for your accounts. Bill Pay Service alerts can also be established by you.
Because alerts are not encrypted, we will never include your identifying information such as Username or account number. Likewise, we will never ask you to provide this type of information via an email or text. However, alerts may include your name and some information about your accounts. Depending on which alerts are sent, information such as your account balance or the due date for a payment may be included. Anyone with access to your email or text may be able to view the contents of these alerts.
Electronic Alerts will be sent to the address, email or text, you have provided as your primary address. If your address changes, you are solely responsible for notifying us of that change. We are not responsible for an alert not being delivered if you have not notified us of an address change or given us reasonable time to act on such a request. You understand and agree that your alerts may be delayed or prevented by a variety of factors. We do the best to provide alerts in a timely manner with accurate information. We neither guarantee the delivery nor the accuracy of the contents of any alert. You also agree that we shall not be liable for any delays, failure to deliver, or misdirected delivery of any alert; for any errors in the content of an alert or for any actions taken or not taken by you or any third party in reliance of an alert.
Stop Payment Instructions: Except for those electronic instructions, which are completed immediately, you may cancel or change an Account Transfer or eTransfer using the Services, providing that your original instruction has not been acted upon by the Bank. We may not have a reasonable opportunity to act on any stop payment or cancel instruction on or after the Business Day for which the transaction is scheduled to be initiated. Stop payment instructions sent after normal Business hours or on non-Business days will not be considered until the next Business Day. Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request, we will have no liability for failing to do so if we do not receive your request in a timely manner. Stop payment orders whether oral, written, or electronic, will be in effect for a period of six months. If requested by the Bank, you will confirm any stop payment order in writing within 14 days after your initial inquiry. After six months, any stop payment order will terminate and must be renewed in order to continue in effect. The Bank may pay any item that is presented following the lapse of any stop payment order.
Cut-off Times: Cut-off times may vary by the specific service within the Services. All cut-off time listed below refer to the business day unless otherwise indicated.
Online Banking Account Transfer 6:00 pm*
Online Banking eTransfer 1:00 am**
*Transactions occur immediately but may not be reflective in the account’s history until the next business day.
Schedule of Fees and Charges: There may be fees associated with the Services, depending on the selected service. Fees associated with your Bank account as documented in our Fee Schedule and/or Agreement, such as insufficient funds fee (NSF fee) or document copies/research, may apply. We will deduct these charges from your applicable Bank account.
New Services: You may be notified of new services being introduced for Online Banking from time to time. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that will be made available to you concerning these services
Transaction Limits: There may be limits on the amount of money you can send through the Services. These limits may be adjusted by us from time to time in our sole discretion and may not be the same for each service offered. You can determine your limits by viewing them within the applicable Services or by contacting our Customer Contact Center.
We will process and complete all Services which comply with the terms of this Agreement. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, if we do not complete such a transaction, we will be liable for any losses or direct damages you may suffer. In no event shall we be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages. In addition, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transaction initiated by you or on your behalf because of the existence of one or more of the following circumstances:
- Through no fault of ours, your Account, and any overdraft account if applicable, does not contain sufficient available funds to complete the payment. Transactions are based on available funds in accordance with our Funds Availability schedule found in the document titled Understanding Your Deposit Account, which you received when you opened your account(s).
- The Services, your communication line, your personal computer, modem or mobile device was not functioning properly and you knew about the malfunction or were advised of it by us when you started the transaction.
- The Biller mishandles or delays crediting or accounting for a payment properly sent by us.
- You did not properly initiate a transaction or provide us with the correct names and account information for those Billers to which you wish to direct payment.
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, power outage, equipment or technical breakdown, delays in the mail delivery, flood, or other outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transaction and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
- You instruct us to make a type of payment, such as tax payment or court-ordered payment.
- The funds are subject to legal process or other hold or encumbrance restricting such transfer.
- Your subscription to the Services, your Bank Account, your Non-bank Account or PFM service has been terminated for any reason.
- For any other failure or error, unless such failure or error was the result of the Bank’s gross negligence.
- You knowingly accessed the Services without the protection and pro-active use of industry accepted security methods, such as anti-virus software or firewalls, to safely store and keep your confidential information.
- You used unsupported browsers, a mobile phone or unprotected Internet connection, such as wireless Internet access, to view your Services.
- We have reason to believe that transactions are being transacted with or without your actual knowledge that do not conform to our operating standards.
If you have instructed us to make a payment or debit for which there are insufficient available funds in your selected Bank account, the payment may not be made. In this instance, if the debit was for a Bill Pay Service transaction, we may cancel future recurring and scheduled payments. If the debit was for an eTransfer transaction, your eTransfer service may be canceled.
It is your responsibility to contact us to resolve this matter. Simply making a deposit into your account will not satisfy the Bill Pay Service or eTransfer Service and reactivate either if those services have been deactivated. When your account is blocked, no electronic payments will be made. If the Bill Pay Service is reactivated, you will have to reschedule payments. We will not be liable for any payments that are not executed due to your account having insufficient funds. If a payment is made even though sufficient funds were not available in your account and we are unable to recover the amount of the payment by debit to the Biller or by charging your account, you agree to repay the funds owed immediately. In all cases, you are responsible for making alternate arrangements for the payment or to reschedule any payment, transfer or debit. Refer to the Bill Pay Service section of this Agreement for additional information with respect to insufficient funds and the Bill Pay Service.
For our eTransfer Service, we reserve the right to review all circumstances on a case by case basis. As a general rule, we will not reinstate an eTransfer Service once it has been suspended for insufficient funds or any other reason. For all Services, such suspension and/or reinstatement decisions remain our sole discretion.
ELECTRONIC NOTICE: E-MAIL AND TEXT MESSAGING
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, any e-mail or text you send us will not be effective until we receive it and have had a reasonable opportunity to act on it. We therefore strongly suggest that you report all matters requiring immediate attention (for example, reports of alleged unauthorized payments or errors or requests for stop payments) to us by contacting us via a means noted at the end of this Agreement. We may, however, require you to provide us with confirmation of any oral or electronic stop payment request or notice of alleged error. You also agree that we may send you an electronic notice in response to any communication you send to us, regardless of whether your original communication to us was an e-mail or text.
- E-mail and text transactions are not secure. Thus, we request that you do not send us or ask for sensitive information such as account numbers, Usernames, secret Passwords, Social Security Numbers, account information, etc. via e-mail or text. You may use the Secure Email feature in Personal Online Banking for these types of inquiries.
We are committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of information about your account and use of the Services. We identify users by their unique security credentials including Username, Password, answers to secret questions and registered computer identification. All transactions initiated with your security credentials are attributed to you. You agree not to give or make available your security credentials to any other individual, including anyone claiming to represent us.
In order to protect yourself against fraud, you need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not give out your account information, Username, Password, secret questions, answers to your secret questions, PFM Password, or Social Security Number to anyone. Employees of Cambridge Savings Bank will never ask you for your Password(s),secret questions or answers to your secret questions. Our employees do not need your Password(s), secret questions or answers to your secret questions for any reason.
- Do not leave your personal computer unattended while you are using the Services. When you logoff, make sure to completely close your browser.
- Never leave your account information within range of others.
- Do not send privileged account information (account number, Username, Password, secret questions, answers to secret questions, PFM Password, Social Security Number, etc.) via e-mail or text.
- Use and regularly update industry accepted security tools, such as anti-virus software and firewalls, on your personal computer.
- Contact us immediately if you are concerned about information you receive from us or have general concerns about the validity of your security.
Notify us AT ONCE if you believe that your Username, secret Password, secret questions’ answers, or PFM secret Password has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised. As a preliminary step, you should also immediately change your secret Password and/or secret question if you know these have been compromised.
Telephoning is the best way of minimizing your possible losses. If you think your Username, secret Password, secret questions’ answers or PFM secret Password has been lost, stolen or used without your permission, contact us immediately using one of the means noted at the end of this Agreement. In addition, if you give your Username, secret Password, secret questions’ answers or PFM secret Password to any other person, you will be deemed to have authorized that person to access any and all accounts noted in the Services. You can lose no more than $50 if you fail to give us notice of your lost or stolen Username, secret Password, secret questions’ answers or PFM secret Password and it is (they are) used without your permission.
We are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury resulting from (i) an interruption in your electrical power, Internet service or phone service; (ii) the disconnection of your phone service by your provider or deficiencies in the quality of your phone service; or (iii) any defect or malfunction of your personal computer.
In the event of repeated failed payments or transfers; we reserve the right to suspend your subscription to the Services. This suspension may be without prior notice to you. If your subscription is suspended, transactions, which were previously recurring and/or scheduled, will be canceled. In the event your subscription is suspended, we will notify you at your last noted address, and all inquires or correspondence relating thereto, including requests for reinstatement, should be directed to the Bank.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGREEMENT
We may amend or change this Agreement at any time. If the change adversely affects you, we will give you notice prior to the effective date of the amendment to the extent required by applicable law. Such notification may be by U.S. Mail, e-mail or text to your address, as it appears on our records, and you will be deemed to have received such communication three business days after it is sent. Your use of Online Banking or any Services after the effective date of the change will constitute your acceptance and agreement to any change.
We may rely on your address, including, without limitation, your e-mail address, as it appears on our records for any and all communications we send to you unless and until you notify us in writing at the address set forth below and we have had a reasonable opportunity to act on such notice.
Unless otherwise required by applicable law, we may terminate this Agreement for any reason in our sole discretion without prior notice. You also have the right to terminate the services provided under this Agreement by calling us or writing to us at the telephone number or address set forth below. If you call, we may require you to put your request in writing and send it to us within ten Business Days after you call. However, termination of this Agreement will be effective the day you call. Since termination requests take up to 30 days to process, you should cancel all outstanding payment or transfer orders in addition to notifying us of your desire to terminate the service. We will not be liable for payments or transfers not canceled, or payments or transfers made due to lack of proper notification by you of service termination. If you do not access the Services, sign on to the Services or have any transaction scheduled through the Services during any consecutive 90 day period we may cancel your Services and require you to reapply through our online registration process. If you do not pay at least one bill during any consecutive 90 day period we may cancel your Bill Pay Service and require you to reapply through our online registration process.
The laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts shall govern this Agreement. In the event of a dispute regarding the Services, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by looking to the terms and conditions contained herein and disclosures you received when your account was opened, including Understanding Your Deposit Account which includes the Electronic Funds Transfers agreement. You may request a copy these documents from us at any time.
CAMBRIDGE SAVINGS BANK
Electronic Banking Services
P.O. BOX 380206,
CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS 02238-0206
Cambridge Savings Bank: 800.864.BANK (2265) (or 617.441.4200 for hearing impaired customers)
Press ‘0’ for Customer Contact Center (live agent)
Customer Contact Center
Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Saturday: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, Sunday 10:00 am – 3:00 pm